Because for all it's missteps and trying bits, Jake Gyllenhaal and Anne Hathaway are brilliant to watch in Love and Other Drugs. It's more than just good acting skills. The two share a tangible chemistry that pulsates off the screen and worms its way into the blackest of hearts to make you want to believe that if all was good and perfect in this world, the two actors would actually be together in real life. The media circus the two have been on promoting the show have only seem to reinforce this belief so it's a bitter pill to take that Hathaway is dating some guy named Adam Schulman and Gyllenhaal, Taylor McSquinty. But hey, a girl can hope, right? (Plus, if all else fails, I'm sure there's always creep-tastic fanfiction to fall back upon). So on the back of Valentine's Day, here are other Hollywood pairings in recent history I wish were really madly in love with each other in reality.
5. James Franco and Anne Hathaway, Hosts of the 2011 Academy Awards
4. Ryan Gosling and Michelle Williams, Blue Valentine
3. John Krasinski and Jenna Fischer, The Office
2. Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Zooey Deschanel, (500) Days of Summer
1. Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton, Friday Night Lights
As an added bonus, here be fictional couples who did cross the reel/real boundary and were perfect together in the whirlwind streak of romance that much like a comet's run, simply could not last. R.I.P fictional-turned-real-lovers. My heart mourns for the love lost.
3. Michael Vartan and Jennifer Garner, Alias
2. Ryan Philippe and Reese Witherspoon, Cruel Intentions
1. Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams, The Notebook (I've still not completely recovered)
And since Tumblr is the new dumpsite of the Internet where the wild and wacky subsist, here's Fuck Yeah, Real Life Pairings for extra couply, totally non-stalkery [sarcasm font] goodness!